Quinoa Dal and Sweet Potato Bowl
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- About 10 oz. greens of your choice Swiss chard, spinach, mustard greens, kale or spinach will work or a combination. I love these blends here and here
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- Red lentil dal recipe below
- 2 avocados
- Honey sweetened cranberry chutney recipe here
- Ghee or coconut oil
- **Use organic ingredients where possible
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Chop the sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft. Cook the quinoa while the sweet potatoes are roasting in the oven. You can also prepare your dal at this time (just make sure you have your lentils cooked and ready ahead of time).
- Assemble your bowls by placing a scoop of quinoa, greens, dal and sweet potatoes side by side. Top with a small serving of the cranberry chutney and half of an avocado sliced to garnish. Serve immediately. Makes 4 bowls.