Happy Sunday! We’ve been so busy showing our house to potential buyers, that cooking has become a luxury. This simple winter green salad with Pear, Pomegranate Seeds and Goat Cheese is about the most I can muster these past few weeks. Toss it in a simple Champagne vinaigrette and you’ve got a delightful and easy starter dish… or add some grilled chicken and you’ve got a nutritious entrée dish.
Winter Green Salad with Pomegranate and Goats Cheese
- 6 oz. Winter greens such as Belgian endive frisee, radicchio or arugula
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 pear diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- To Make the Champagne vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. minced shallots optional
- Toss the Winter greens with the diced pear and Champagne vinaigrette.
- Garnish with the pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
- Serve your winter green salad immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
**Use organic ingredients where possible.
Toss the Winter greens with the diced pear and Champagne vinaigrette. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds and goat cheese. Serve your winter green salad immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Let me know if you try this Winter Green salad with Pomegranate and be sure to check out these other Winter salad recipes here and here.